Birthday gifts are presented to qualifying clients January through November for ages 1-15. Due to the number of clients we serve during the Christmas holiday season, all December birthdays are served in November. If the child’s birthday falls AFTER Christmas we will make an appointment starting Dec 26th. For complete information, please go to the birthday section above. While we prefer that you not bring children, we ask that if your child accompanies you to shop, that you would sign a media release and allow us to photograph the child.
TOY RESCUE MISSION BIRTHDAY RULES
- Toy Rescue Mission serves children for birthdays in January thru November. (All December birthdays are served in November due to volume of clients.) The ages we serve are from 1 to 15. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Birthdays are served in the month of the Child's birthday preferably before. We can serve up to 2 weeks before. We will not serve birthdays past by more than 2 weeks. Due to our limited funding you may call anytime the month prior and request an appointment or you may walk in anytime between 10am and 2pm Tues-Thurs.
- Parents must possess a valid WA State Driver's License or State ID, a Provider One Card for the child and a state issued medical card. We can accept an award letter or SSI letter for proof of medical.
- Parents are served for 2 consecutive years ONLY. NO EXCEPTIONS. We go by our DNS list.
- Parents are asked not to bring children unless necessary when shopping for birthdays. We are aware that sometimes parents may need to bring the child. Toy Rescue Mission may ask to photograph your child for publicizing our programs.
- Toy Rescue Mission (TRM) reserves the right to limit certain toys/ books or other items according to age of the child.
- Children receive the following items per birthday:
- 1 Primary toy*
- 1 secondary toy
- 1 stuffed animal
- 1 puzzle, game or DVD
- 3 books
- When available, TRM will provide EXTRA items such as candles, cards, and party favors. Keep in mind these are limited and may not always be available. You may receive 3-4 items or 1 party bag per event.
*In the event the primary item has 2 stickers, the family will receive that item, their books and a stuffed animal only. (No secondary item, no game or puzzle) They may still take a party bag when available.